Healthy Eating Rules (only true on April 1st!)
Here are some healthy eating rules we got from some friends, and some that found on the internet. If it’s on the internet, it has to be true, right? Well anyway… we think they are true, at least one day of the year… April 1st!
- If you eat something but no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
- Foods that are frozen (like ice cream) have no calories because calories are units of heat.
- When you eat with someone else, calories don’t count if you eat less than they do.
- Food eaten for medicinal purposes NEVER count, such as hot chocolate, brandy, toast and cheesecake.
- Charitable foods don’t count. For instance, Girl Scout Cookies, School or Church Bake Sale items, or food someone made “just for you” have no calories whatsoever.
- If you eat standing up, over the kitchen sink, no calories will stick to you.
- If you eat something directly from the container while standing in front of the open refrigerator or freezer, it doesn’t count.
- Calories in movie-related foods – such as Buttered Popcorn, Junior Mints, Milk Duds and Nachos – are never counted, because they are part of the entire entertainment package and are not part of one’s personal fuel.
- If you break a cookie in half, the cookie pieces contain no calories. (The process of breaking causes the calories to leak out.)
- Chocolate chips are fattening, about 50 calories a tablespoon. So are chocolate chip cookies! However, chocolate chips eaten while making chocolate chip cookies have no calories whatsoever. Therefore, make chocolate chip cookies often but don’t eat them.
- Tastes licked off knives and spoons have no calories if you are in the process of preparing something. Examples are peanut butter on a knife while making a sandwich and ice cream on a spoon when making a sundae.
- Foods that have the same color have the same number of calories. Examples are: spinach and pistachio ice cream; mushrooms and white chocolate.
NOTE: Chocolate is a universal color and may be substituted for any other food color.
Please visit Teeter Hang Ups to feel as good on the outside as this recipe will make you feel on the inside.