Linguine with Clams and Shrimp
Summer is on its way and seafood is a great summer staple food. Seafood is healthy and light, and finding new ways to serve it is always a bonus. This recipe for Linguine with Clams and Shrimp, from My Life Runs On Food is a fresh take on traditional linguine with clam sauce. As with all seafood dishes, make sure you get high-quality, fresh seafood to make the dish the tastiest it can be. This recipe calls for healthy, whole wheat pasta, but feel free to substitute gluten-free noodles to make a delicious dish for those with gluten sensitivities.
- 1 lb. whole-wheat linguine; cooked al-dente according to manufacturer’s directions and reserve 1 cup of pasta water
- Quality olive oil; as needed
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed*
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves; paper-thin sliced
- 4 anchovies; minced
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper; to taste
- Crushed red pepper; to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb. medium-size shrimp; cleaned and deveined
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley; roughly chopped
- Garnish: Finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and lemon quarters
Please visit My Life Runs On Food for complete preparation instructions.